Whether your child is in need of extra support to keep up with their current mathematics, or just needs some catching up, we are here for you. Our team is able to support students who may be struggling in math, or have a specific math learning disabilities by utilizing a supportive, multi-sensoryapproach to address multiple learning modalities.
What is Dyscalculia?
- Shows difficulty understanding concepts of place value, and quantity, number lines, positive and negative value, carrying and borrowing
- Has difficulty understanding and doing word problems
- Has difficulty sequencing information or events
- Exhibits difficulty using steps involved in math operations
- Shows difficulty understanding fractions
- Is challenged making change and handling money
- Displays difficulty recognizing patterns when adding, subtracting, multiplying, or dividing
- Has difficulty putting language to math processes
- Has difficulty understanding concepts related to time such as days, weeks, months, seasons, quarters, etc.
- Exhibits difficulty organizing problems on the page, keeping numbers lined up, following through on long division problems
Our academic coaching team is comprised of social workers, former school counselors, school administrators and early childhood, elementary, middle and high school teachers. These diverse backgrounds provide a dynamic support model for our clients. Using best practice methods and a strong team approach, our coaches and therapists work together to develop and implement plans to support you and your family.